Architects & Engineers Professional Liability
Architects & Engineers are held to a higher standard professional care, than a nonprofessional. Even with the best risk management practices in place, mistakes can happen. Our customized A&E form is designed to meet the varied needs of Architects & Engineers in the event that a third-party files a suit. Along with increasing settlements and defence costs, our A&E policy can protect you even when allegations are found to be groundless.
TruStar’s Architects & Engineers Professional Liability solution can be structured on a primary or excess basis and be tailored to a variety of professional classes and sizes. Our bespoke wording generally covers:
- Defined professional services specific to the insured’s operations
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage in addition to third party financial loss, arising from your Professional Services
- Worldwide Territory, suit in Canada
- $5mm capacity
- Automatic 60-day ERP
- Supplemental Payments & Additional Payments e.g.
- Defense Costs for Disciplinary Action
- Occupational Health & Safety Act proceedings
- Loss of Documents
- Reasonable Expenses incurred by the Insured
This policy can also include separate coverage modules for Cyber Liability, Commercial General Liability and Commercial Property. Certain supplementary underwriting information may be required.
To help our team provide the best possible underwriting experience, please include the following information as part of an Applicant’s submission:
- Completed and Signed Application
- Description of Professional Services (incl. Revenue Distribution)
- Copy of the Applicant’s Resume(s)
- Detailed Loss History
- Coverage Requested
- Details of Expiring Coverage (Incumbent Insurer and Expiring Premium)
Financial Agents Professional Liability
Financial Agents are facing increased regulatory scrutiny, heightened investor sensitivity, and more frequent accusations of professional negligence. TruStar’s Financial Agents Professional Liability programs are carefully designed to protect licensed financial professionals from the costly litigation and settlements that can result from these claims.
Up to $5,000,000 per Certificate.
Target Program Types:
- Sponsored and Non-Sponsored structures for more than 50 agents
- Registered agents who hold any combination of the LLQP, MFDA and IIROC licenses
Corporate Professional Liability
Financial services firms, including life insurance agencies and investment dealers, can be held directly or vicariously liable for a financial loss that resulted from an error or omission made by the firm or one of its agents or unlicensed employees. TruStar’s Corporate Professional Liability solutions can be purchased independently or to supplement an existing Financial Agents Professional Liability policy.
Up to $5,000,000 for Canadian-domiciled firms.
- LLQP licensed Life Insurance agencies, including those who sell Accident and Sickness Insurance
- MFDA licensed Mutual Fund dealers
- IIROC licensed Securities dealers
Miscellaneous Professional Liability
Professionals of all types can overlook critical information or make a misstep when performing their services. TruStar’s Miscellaneous Professional Liability solution is a flexible specialty policy that adapts to the unique risk exposures of many service providers. Its coverage responds to claims of negligence, errors or omissions in the performance of a covered professional service.
Up to $5,000,000 for Canadian-domiciled professionals.
Target Professional Services:
- Commercial Printers
- Safety Consultants
- Event Planners
- Quality Control Professionals and Quality Surveyors
- Mediators (including ADR Professionals)
- Career Counsellors
- Court Reporters
- Staffing Agencies
- Property Managers